Tuesday 26 February 2008

Acting, Acting : My Nightmare !

Again it falls down on my head ! I wonder how can I avoid it that I have troubles in making up and acting in a situation ?
First, I cannot make up a situation indeed. With a monotonous, boring situation, surely I can't get the same grade as the others whose situations are more funny and creative. What will happen if all the members in my group don't have the ability to do that ? And the biggest problem is, more than half of our class don't have a good sense of humour. Maybe they could get over this rather smoothly in the first term, but I'm afraid nothing can assure that they can do it again in the second term.
Second, I don't think acting, especially acting in funny situations, is a very popular ability. That some members in our class have that ability doesn't mean the whole class do. Well, individually I think I can never become a good actress in my life. So it means I can never get a good grade for my speaking mid-term test ?
It is said that the grade depends on good pronunciation, good use of functions and so on... But how can we show our good speaking skill in a boring situation and a poor acting ?
And how can we get over this duty, which is to hard for those who don't have an ability of acting and making up situations ?
If only...
Việt_Nam_không_nhỏ

8 comments:

F5 said...

That's why we have to learn! Of course not anybody is born to be an actor or actress, but we can learn and practise. It's also a fact that although pp have tried a lot,some cannot act naturally. The most important thing is that u have done ur best and self-satisfaction.

Captain Nemo said...

wow, finally there's one who shares the view with me. thanks f5 for showing "our" view [Mr Violence]

Happy Family said...

I have to admit that I dislike roleplays from the beginning. I'm not a good actress. In fact, I am really bad at it. Admitedly, "roleplays" is a good way to practice using the funtions that we have learned, however, it seems like we are abusing it. In short, if only Mr. B could read my comment.TatA.

Captain Nemo said...

Haizz... Actually, I don't think we were judged based on performance. He marked our pronunciation and the propriety of our functions ... he didn't focus too much, or he tried to do so, on your acting skill. If I'm not mistaken, you got 9. Is that a low mark? Of course , it's just my own opinion... We should sympathize with him. I don't think we will have more time acting in this second semester.

F.l.y.i.n.G K.i.t.e.S said...

I agree with you, Minh. Everyone know that acting is a good method to overcome our difficultis in speaking, even in performing. But when you're not good, you will feel it be a pressure.[Nha trang]

F.l.y.i.n.G K.i.t.e.S said...

However, studying it means that you try your best to perform. In spite of your results, you still learn more about funtions,or something like that. Try you best.

Anonymous said...

i think playing roles is just the way he helps us improve using various kinds of functions and be more confident in front of many other students. and obviously he doesn't give his whole mind to our acting cuz we are not actors or actresses

so i think u dont need to be so scared of roleplays or try to be humorous although u are not. just show your good pronunciation, intonation, ect, and u will also get high marks.

others can have their own strong points [ sense of humor is an example ], but dont forget that u have your own one toooo

Anonymous said...

Oh, you had to act in your speaking course? Wow, really? I can't believe . Is that funny?