Monday 21 April 2008

GAINS AND LOSSES: A brief summary of "summaries"


The presentation has passed and now it's time to look back...
-Rich in contents and varied in presenting. That's the first thing we must say about our show. I'm under the impression that we have just attended a party of colorful templates which showed meticulous preparation that their designers tried to show. Yes, we did do our best and we knew that. That's the first gain.




- It's also blindingly obvious that the show purposefully got us ready for the upcoming exam. It also saved us from sudden onslaughts of lessons, or actually, functions that we were supposed to digest before the exam. At least, this is the main target of this show.




-A host of experience were drawn out as mistakes were unavoidable. We learned a lot about many interesting things not only from the contents of summaries but also about some seemingly trivial things from presenting skills such as designing templates, how to deal with attention span, interaction activities,... to academic points like the pronunciation or the intonation...I'm personally really interested in the work of Flying Kites since it was composed of a lot of unique photos (still in doubt whether my flip-flop can speak or not ^^), some funny sayings( "gian hu than", for example)... The show also reavealed some truths about hidden aspects of my friends' personalities. All of them seemed to possess great sense of humor , which was really a striking fact since some always keep a low profile in the class ^^.



- And loss... We put a lot of effort in our projects and it is undeniable that this was a very time-comsuming project. However the biggest loss is our shyness. We lost our shyness or, in other words, we successfully managed to conquer ourselves and rise over our fears of speaking in front of a large audience and I strongly believe that after this project , our confidence has been more or less built up... So, the biggest loss seems to be the biggest gain, right?

IN BRIEF, THOUGH THE TEACHER DIDN'T SPEAK MUCH IN THIS SHOW, WE REALLY GOT VERY PRODUCTIVE SPEAKING PERIODS. I'M SURE THAT ANYONE WHO PAID ASSIDUOUS ATTENTION IN THOSE PERIODS GAINED EVEN MORE THAN WHAT I HAVE MENTIONED ABOVE. AM I RIGHT?
(Marsu)

These pictures belong to the whole class 1C so I think everyone can use them for useful and good purposes, right ? [Mr Violence]

9 comments:

tre con 89 said...

I totally agree with you that: "the biggest loss seems to be the biggest gain". We made presentation, we watch others, and we found what is good, what is bad..
that is the biggest gain of we all^^**

Happy Family said...

well, I cannot agree with you more. The presentaion show were more than just a mid-term test since we benefited a great deal from it. Personally, I really like your group performance as it was so lively and lovely. Gud luck!

Unknown said...

The easiest entry ever to comment: "I wish I had been there" haha

F5 said...

You're right but in my opinion, the most serious LOSS which all of us have to consider is Unity. Unity is expressed not only in the contact among the members of a group but also in group's PPT file. Because it was a Groupwork, I think we should make PPT file like a work of a group. It means that PPT file of any group isn't a connection of PPT files of each member. We're a group, it means we have to work together and help one another instead of showing our individuals.

I felt quite disappointed when some groups presented with the lack of Unity(not include Viva Vietnam ^^). But I hope that in the next time, it won't happen again.

Eventually, congratulate Viva Vietnam on doing your Presentation very well and impressively.

[1st Ho*: Thuy Vy]

Anonymous said...

When I read your term of " And LOSS ... ", I thought that I should prepare myself to face to sth unpleasant like our pronunciation or any mistakes of our presentation. But you made me surprised by your lovely idea - loss of shyness :-* Yeah, frankly speaking, I think that we all tried our best and we ourselves could realized our own mistakes and learned sth new after attending the show and seeing other groups' presentation ^^

Good job!

Unknown said...

yeap, I agree with you wholly. every thing has 2 sides, so we gain lots & we loss lots that's equal. we realised what is right & what is wrong so that we can correct it ourselves. hope that we can improve more & more^^

SAD RAIN said...

I definitely agree with you. we learned many useful lessons from presentation. and we realise what is good to develop,what is bad to avoid.thanks what you mentioned. it help me clarify my awareness about this presentation

F.l.y.i.n.G K.i.t.e.S said...

Yeah, I cannot agree with you more.
We learn many things in class, from functions to performance in front of class. The presentations make me clearer, and have the overview of all the things we have learned. All are useful for us to prepare for our final exam to have good mark.

We can be more confident in public speaking, so that it is good chance to improve not only English but also other skills.

Good luk for all of you, VIVA Vietnam
Vinpearl

BoRn To ShInE said...

Thanks for your opinion about our group. we'll try more next time.