Wednesday 23 July 2008

Journal - The beginning entry ...


It's a long time since I last wrote an entry in this site. The task was completed. We all know the results now. But in this summer, work is still in queue for me ^^. It seems that I will have to try harder to achieve my goal: TO BE NUMBER ONE . Hey, It's not wrong to dream big, is it ? I'm ambitious because it's the only way I can take to get the goal. Knowing the results of the last semester, I realize there're many things I have to improve, including writing.

I have learnt to write in English since I was at Secondary School, but those I learnt was just a part of the whole Writing Subject and they were all basis. The first time I "touched" the book "Academic Writing", I saw the gigantic size of Writing. My writing skill which I've been improving since the Secondary age is only enough for me to survive through the first two semesters of a freshman. From now on, as a second year one, I'll have to change the way I practice writing. From the experience of those in the previous year, in the next semester, we'll have to be accustommed to a new style of writing: the Journal. ^^ Now I understand why mr Speaking asked us to write journals when we were only freshmen. I'm grateful for his care for us. But I think if he had given us more instructions in writing journals, we could have done better last semester.

What is a journal ?

As I surfed the Internet and found this definition in Wikipedia.org: " In academic use, a journal refers to a serious, scholarly publication, mostly peer-viewed". Ha, those kinds of definitions seems to be too "Academic". I think I still remember what Mr Speaking once said about Journal: " After classes at school, you may surf the Internet to find more information about what you've learnt at school. The Journal is that knowledge that you have reproduced after surfing and written down".

Many of my friends have started this. I read their entries and found an interesting apsiration. So I decided to start writing Journals ^^
- NHƯ ANH -

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops, what the hell is it??? Sr, but it was just a little bit surprise to know that u have spent lots of time and effort to practice writing these journals. Oh, I just cannot describe how much I admire you and your will. Anyway, they are really good and interesting journals to me. Gud luk!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that NUMBER ONE will do you any good?

Captain Nemo said...

hehe, I'm so sure. To be Number One is my biggest and forever dream, the more I try to do it, the more I change (this may include both good and bad things) ^^

Anonymous said...

"Dream is good, provided you do not forget to live."

[Changed a little bit from the original sentence ^^]

Captain Nemo said...

^^ that's great, I really want to live long because I live to work ^^

Anonymous said...

sometimes i wonder what "live" is ...